YouTube Shorts is a new feature that allows users to create and share 15-second videos on the platform. While it has gained popularity among some users, others have found it annoying or unnecessary. If you’re one of those users who want to disable YouTube Shorts permanently, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
How to Disable YouTube Shorts Permanently
Are you tired of seeing YouTube Shorts clogging up your feed? If you’re not a fan of the short-form video feature, you’re not alone. Luckily, there’s a way to disable YouTube Shorts permanently. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps to turn off YouTube Shorts for good. Whether you just don’t enjoy the format or you’re looking to declutter your feed, we’ve got you covered. Follow these simple steps and say goodbye to YouTube Shorts for good.
Step 1: Open the YouTube App
To begin, open the YouTube app on your device. You can find the app on your phone’s home screen or by searching for it in your app store.
Step 2: Go to Your Account Settings
Once the app is open, tap on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to your account settings.
Step 3: Scroll Down to the “Shorts” Setting
In the account settings menu, scroll down until you see the “Shorts” setting. This is where you can control whether or not you want to see YouTube Shorts in your feed.
Step 4: Toggle the “Shorts” Setting Off
To disable YouTube Shorts permanently, toggle the “Shorts” setting off. This will hide all Shorts from your feed, and you will see them again if you turn the setting back on.
Also Read: How to Download YouTube Shorts
Step 5: Exit the App and Check Your Feed
Once you’ve disabled the Shorts setting, exit the app and check your feed to ensure you no longer see any Shorts. If you still see them, try closing the app and reopening it to see if that helps.
Step 6: Consider Blocking Specific Channels or Users
If you’re still seeing YouTube Shorts that you don’t want to see, you may consider blocking specific channels or users posting them. To do this, go to the channel or user’s page and tap on the three vertical dots in the top right corner. Select “Block user” or “Block channel” to stop seeing their content.
Also Read: How To Recover Deleted Emails in Gmail
Tips for Disabling YouTube Shorts Permanently
Here are a few additional tips to help you disable YouTube Shorts permanently:
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of the YouTube app. Sometimes, app updates can change how certain features work, so it’s essential to stay up-to-date.
- Check your notification settings. If you’re getting notified about new Shorts, it could be because you have notifications turned on for the feature. To turn them off, go to your account settings and tap “Notifications.” From there, you can toggle off the “Shorts” notification.
- Use a different app to access YouTube. If you’re using a third-party app to access YouTube, it may have different settings for controlling what you see in your feed. Try using the official YouTube app to see if that helps.
- Try logging out and logging back in. Sometimes, logging out of your account and back in can reset your settings and help resolve any issues you have.
- Use the “Mute” feature. If you see Shorts from specific users or channels you don’t want to see, you can use the “Mute” feature to hide their content from your feed. To do this, go to the user or channel’s page and tap on the three vertical dots in the top right corner. From there, select “Mute” to stop seeing their content.
In conclusion, disabling Youtube Shorts permanently is a straightforward process that can be done with the above steps. If you ever decide to re-enable Shorts, follow the same steps and toggle the feature back on. Remember, disabling Shorts is a personal preference, and you can always turn it back on at any time. So, if you’re not a fan of Shorts, feel free to disable them permanently and enjoy your Youtube experience without them.