Although it is simple to take a screenshot on Windows 10, it is not difficult to do. It doesn’t matter if you take screenshots now and again to share with friends and family or if they are required for your job. We are here to help. Don’t worry if you are using an older version or Windows 11. The same steps will apply to you.
Lets Start ” How to Take Screenshot on Windows 10″?
You can take a screenshot of your entire display or just a portion of it. Windows 10 comes with many tools that can be used to capture a screenshot quickly. We also recommend some third-party tools.
Take a screenshot on windows 10 with Print Screen (PrtScn).
You can also take a screenshot using the Print Screen key on the keyboard. Depending on which keyboard shortcut you used, the screenshot can be saved as a PNG file or copied to your clipboard for you to paste into any program.
The prtscn keys are usually located between the F12 and Scroll lock key at the top of your keyboard. You might call it “PrtScn,” “PrntScrn,” or “Print Scr” instead. Look above the Insert key on full-size keyboards.
The Print Screen key on laptop keyboards can be combined with another key but still be found in the same area. While using these shortcuts, you may need to press the “Function” and “Fn” keys on your laptop.
Windows has several PrtScn variants:
- Press PrtScn. This will copy the entire screen to your clipboard. You can paste the screenshot into any program that supports images, such as Paint or Microsoft Word.
- Use Alt + PrtScn. This will copy the active window to the clipboard. You can then paste it into another program.
- Hold the Windows key + Shift +. The screen will be dimming, and the mouse pointer will change. Drag to select the desired portion of your screen to capture. You can copy the screenshot to the clipboard and paste it into another program. This shortcut is only available if Windows 10 Creators Update is installed.
- Use the Windows key + PrtScn. This will save the screen as an image file. It can be found in the “Pictures” in a subfolder called the “Screenshots” folder.
Take a screenshot on windows 10 with Snipping Tool
Since Windows Vista, the Snipping Tool is available. Windows has been warning about the Snipping Tool’s imminent demise for several years, but it is still available, even in Windows 11. Although the Snipping Tool was removed from the Start menu’s list of apps, you can still find it via the search bar.
To begin taking screenshots, click the New link. You can take a standard rectangular snip or make free-form, full screen, and window snips.
The Snipping Tool doesn’t automatically save your screenshots. You will need to save them manually before you exit the program. However, it copies your captured images to the clipboard automatically.
Take a screenshot of Windows 10 using the Game Bar.
You can use the game bar overlay in Windows games to capture screenshots or record videos. Here’s how you can use it.
1. Start a new game using the Start menu or the Xbox Console Companion software.
2. Press the Windows key +G while playing the game. The Game Bar overlay will appear.
3. To take a screenshot, click the camera icon.
The screenshot will automatically be saved to the “Videos” folder under “Captures.”
To take a screenshot while playing a Steam game, press F11 or the option to save your screen. It will add this to the screenshots folder.
Conclusion-: We hope you find your answer for ” How To Take A Screenshot On Windows 10 “ in above article so follow XHUBH for More technical Solution.